Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Coordinates flow of natural gas throughout distribution system of public utility or pipeline to ensure volume and pressure of gas required for consumers demands: Monitors telemetering panelboard to determine gas pressure and volume, and records instrument readings in log.
- 2) Reviews correlating data, such as gas quality, pressure and temperature with variables affecting consumer demand, such as weather conditions and time of day to forecast load adjustments.
- 3) Adjusts controls to regulate gas flow and pressure through system or telephones GAS-COMPRESSOR OPERATOR to increase or decrease pressure in pipelines according to forecast.
- 4) Directs GAS-PUMPING-STATION OPERATOR to pump gas from holding station into distribution system and return according to supply and demand.
- 5) Informs station personnel to regulate flow of gas from wells into system to maintain specified pressure and volume in pipelines.
- 6) Records data, such as gas pressure and volume from outlying stations.
- 7) Observes colorimeter to detect deviations in mixture of natural gas with manufactured gas according to specified Btu rating.
- 8) Notifies mixing station personnel when deviations occur.
- 9) May discontinue gas service to specified areas when emergencies or gas shortages exist.
Is being a "GAS DISPATCHER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "GAS DISPATCHER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "GAS DISPATCHER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "GAS DISPATCHER"
Job Number: 4418