Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Operates steam or internal combustion engines to transmit, compress, or recover gases, such as butane, nitrogen, hydrogen, and natural gas in various production processes: Moves controls and turns valves to start compressor engines, pumps, and auxiliary equipment.
- 2) Monitors meters, gauges, and recording instrument charts to ensure specified temperature, pressure, and flow of gas through system.
- 3) Observes operation of equipment to detect malfunctions.
- 4) Records instrument readings and operational changes in operating log.
- 5) May operate purification tanks to purify air or byproduct gases.
- 6) May tend pumps to mix specified amounts of acids and caustics with water for use in purifying gases.
- 7) May perform minor repairs on equipment, using handtools.
- 8) May conduct chemical tests to determine sulfur or moisture content in gas.
- 9) May be designated according to type of gas compressed or recovered as Butadiene-Compressor Operator; Butane-Compressor Operator; Ethylene-Compressor Operator.
- 10) May operate equipment to control transmission of natural gas through pipelines and be designated Compressor-Station Engineer.
Is being a "GAS-COMPRESSOR OPERATOR" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "GAS-COMPRESSOR OPERATOR" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "GAS-COMPRESSOR OPERATOR"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "GAS-COMPRESSOR OPERATOR"
Job Number: 4426