Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Inspects garments for defects in sewing, knitting, or finishing: Spreads garment on table or draws garment over inspection form.
- 2) Scans garment to detect defects, such as faulty seaming, incorrect sleeve or collar setting, misaligned fasteners or trim, and variations in color of fabric.
- 3) Examines fabric for mispicks, slubs, runs, dropped stitches, holes, or stains.
- 4) Marks defects, using chalk, thread, tags, tape, or pins.
- 5) Measures garment at designated places, using tape measure or following markings on table, to determine that garments conform to standard size.
- 6) Trims excess material and thread ends from garment, using scissors, or tends trimming machine to remove excess material and loose threads.
- 7) May inspect surgical garments and appliances, such as belts, hosiery, or knee and ankle braces, and be designated Inspector.
- 8) May examine cut garment parts to detect inaccuracies in cutting and be designated Cutting Inspector.
- 9) May be designated according to production stage as Finished-Garment Inspector; Greige-Goods Inspector; Seconds Inspector.
Is being a "GARMENT INSPECTOR" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "GARMENT INSPECTOR" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "GARMENT INSPECTOR"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "GARMENT INSPECTOR"
Job Number: 4409