Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Fits ready-to-wear garments on customer to designate alterations required for desired fit of garment: Studies garment on customer and measures pieces, such as sleeves, pants, and hems.
- 2) Pins altering folds or marks on cloth with chalk at seams, darts, or necklines to indicate alterations to be made.
- 3) Measures and marks hem to specified length.
- 4) Records required alterations and instructions concerning alterations on tag and attaches tag to garment, or calls out instructions to salesperson for recording on alteration tag.
- 5) May alter garments, using sewing machine, as required by work load.
- 6) May be designated according to garment fitted as Men's Garment Fitter; Women's Garment Fitter.
Is being a "GARMENT FITTER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "GARMENT FITTER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "GARMENT FITTER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "GARMENT FITTER"
Job Number: 4407