"GANG SAWYER, STONE"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Sets up and operates one or more gangsaws or reciprocating saws to cut rough blocks of stone into specified dimensions for further processing: Builds bed of timbers on flat car.
- 2) Aligns and levels stone on bed, using crowbar, sledgehammer, wedges, blocks, and spirit level.
- 3) Marks dimensions on stone, using straightedge, rule, and crayon.
- 4) Turns crank or pushes button to activate winch that moves car onto track under saw frame.
- 5) Moves saw blades along frame, aligning blades with marks on stone; positions blocks between blades; levels blades; and inserts wedges into frame to secure blades to frame.
- 6) Turns lever to lower saw blades on stone.
- 7) Starts saws and pump that circulates water and abrasive under reciprocating blades to cut stone.
- 8) Observes sawing to detect exhausted abrasive supply.
- 9) Dumps abrasive into abrasive pit to maintain cutting speed.
- 10) Turns crank to increase or decrease speed of saws according to hardness of stone and uniformity of abrasive flow.
- 11) Washes stone, using water hose, and verifies width or thickness of cut stone, using rule.
- 12) Replaces worn saw blades.
- 13) Signals OVERHEAD CRANE OPERATOR to remove cut slabs from car or saw bed.
- 14) May operate diamond gangsaw equipped with up to thirty vertically mounted diamond-edged saw blades.
Is being a "GANG SAWYER, STONE" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "GANG SAWYER, STONE" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "GANG SAWYER, STONE"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "GANG SAWYER, STONE"
Job Number: 4398