Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Repairs and rebuilds upholstered furniture, using handtools and knowledge of fabrics and upholstery methods: Removes covering, webbing, and padding from seat, arms, back, and sides of workpiece, using tack puller, chisel, and mallet.
- 2) Removes defective springs by cutting cords or wires that hold them in place.
- 3) Replaces webbing and springs or reties springs.
- 4) May upholster cornices and be designated Cornice Upholsterer.
- 5) May repair seats, carpets, curtains, mattresses, and window shades of railroad coaches and sleeping cars and be designated Upholsterer.
Is being a "FURNITURE UPHOLSTERER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "FURNITURE UPHOLSTERER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "FURNITURE UPHOLSTERER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "FURNITURE UPHOLSTERER"
Job Number: 4375