Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Designs furniture for manufacture, according to knowledge of design trends, offerings of competition, production costs, capability of production facilities, and characteristics of company's market: Confers with production, design, and sales personnel to obtain design suggestions and customer orders.
- 2) Evaluates orders and proposals to determine feasibility of producing item.
- 3) Sketches freehand design of article.
- 4) Obtains approval from customer, design committee, or authorized company officials, and originates scale or full size drawing, using drawing instruments.
- 5) Prepares itemized production requirements to produce item.
- 6) Traces drawing on material for use in production of blueprints, using drawing instruments.
- 7) Prepares or directs preparation of blueprints containing manufacturing specifications, such as dimensions, kind of wood, and upholstery fabrics to be used in manufacturing article.
- 8) Attends staff conference with plant personnel to explain and resolve production requirements.
- 9) May design and prepare detailed drawings of jigs, fixtures, forms, or tools required to be used in production.
- 10) May plan modifications for completed furniture to conform to changes in design trends and increase customer acceptance.
- 11) May design custom pieces or styles according to specific period or country.
- 12) May build or oversee construction of models or prototypes.
- 13) May design fixtures and equipment, such as counters and display cases, and be designated Fixture Designer.
Is being a "FURNITURE DESIGNER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "FURNITURE DESIGNER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "FURNITURE DESIGNER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "FURNITURE DESIGNER"
Job Number: 4371