Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Assembles wooden parts or assemblies to form sections, frames, or complete articles of furniture: Trims joints to fit, using handtools.
- 2) Blows dust from mortises and areas to be glued, using airhose.
- 3) Spreads glue on surfaces to be joined by drawing wood across roller partially submerged in glue, by using brush dipped in glue, or by using glue-filled squeeze bottle.
- 4) Knocks connecting parts together with mallet or compresses assembled parts in clamp until glue has dried.
- 5) Wipes excess glue from joints with rag.
- 6) Drills holes and drives screws into parts to join parts or to reinforce glued joints, using power drill and screwdriver.
- 7) Attaches glue blocks, metal braces, corner blocks, drawer guides, tops, molding, shelves, dust bottoms, back panels, or skids with nails, screws, glue, or staples, using handtools and power tools.
- 8) Inspects and verifies accuracy of assembled article for conformance to specified standards, using square and tape measure.
- 9) Smooths irregular joints with rasp and sandpaper, and levels chair legs, using circular leveling saw.
- 10) May drill holes and attach hardware, such as drawer guides, drawer locks, catches, and latches, using power drill and handtools.
- 11) May slide drawers in and out to test ease of movement, and adjust ill-fitting drawers, using handtools.
- 12) May be known in establishment according to part or article assembled.
- 13) May work as member of team along conveyor line.
Is being a "FURNITURE ASSEMBLER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "FURNITURE ASSEMBLER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "FURNITURE ASSEMBLER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "FURNITURE ASSEMBLER"
Job Number: 4368