Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Tends furnace that remelts nonferrous alloyed metals used in diecasting process: Shovels specified proportions of scrap metal and ingots into furnace.
- 2) Sprinkles fluxing compound on molten metal to bring impurities to surface.
- 3) Skims slag from surface of molten metal, using hand strainer.
- 4) May transfer molten metal from furnace to bull ladle, using hand ladle.
- 5) May convey molten metal in bull ladle along overhead monorail, and pour metal into retainer of diecasting machine.
- 6) May pour molten metal into sand molds, using power hoist.
- 7) May clean furnaces and equipment.
Is being a "FURNACE TENDER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "FURNACE TENDER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "FURNACE TENDER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "FURNACE TENDER"
Job Number: 4362