Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Determines density and resistance of carbon samples which have been graphitized and inspects graphitized stock after removal from furnace: Marks samples of green stock before graphitization to indicate their position in furnace.
- 2) Receives samples from FURNACE UNLOADER before remaining charge is unloaded.
- 3) Cleans samples with scraper and steel wool and weighs them.
- 4) Measures samples in several places with diameter rule to obtain average diameter.
- 5) Places samples on resistance-testing device, sets meter to allow specified number of amperes to pass through sample, and records readings from millivoltmeter.
- 6) Calculates average density and average resistance from weight, average diameter, and millivolt reading, using slide rule and formula.
- 7) When furnace is unloaded, marks pieces with resistance grade number of samples.
- 8) Inspects cleaned stock for pits, cracks, burrs, and bends.
- 9) Determines extent of damage from cracks and imperfections, and marks salvageable pieces for cutting to next largest possible size.
- 10) Directs workers to remove inspected pieces.
Is being a "FURNACE-STOCK INSPECTOR" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "FURNACE-STOCK INSPECTOR" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "FURNACE-STOCK INSPECTOR"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "FURNACE-STOCK INSPECTOR"
Job Number: 4367