Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Operates furnace to heat aluminum slabs and fabricated forms to specified temperature for rolling or processing: Sets furnace controls to regulate temperatures and heating time.
- 2) Starts conveyors and opens furnace doors to admit slabs, plate, sheet, and coil, or signals OVERHEAD CRANE OPERATOR to uncover soaking pits and lower ingots into them.
- 3) Observes pyrometer and adjusts rheostat controls to maintain temperature between specified limits.
- 4) Measures temperature of product to determine necessity for adjusting furnace temperature or timing cycle, using thermal instruments and charts.
- 5) Removes material from furnace, using crane, or signals OVERHEAD CRANE OPERATOR to transfer it to next station.
- 6) Records time and production data.
Is being a "FURNACE OPERATOR" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "FURNACE OPERATOR" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "FURNACE OPERATOR"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "FURNACE OPERATOR"
Job Number: 4361