"FURNACE INSTALLER-AND-REPAIRER, HOT AIR"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Installs and repairs hot-air furnaces, stoves, and similar equipment in accordance with diagrams and other specifications, using handtools and pipe-threading tools: Constructs foundation of concrete or other noncombustible material.
- 2) Assembles and positions heating units in accordance with diagrams, using handtools.
- 3) Cuts holes in floors and walls to form air duct outlets.
- 4) Installs air ducts, smoke pipes, blowers, and stokers, following blueprints of building and using handtools.
- 5) Installs fuel pipes, using dies, pipe cutters, and pipe wrenches.
- 6) Wraps insulating asbestos around air ducts.
- 7) Connects and adjusts timers and thermostats.
- 8) Inspects inoperative heating units to locate causes of trouble.
- 9) Disassembles heating unit and replaces or repairs defective parts, using handtools.
- 10) Cuts, bends, and crimps sheet metal to repair furnace and stove casing and pipes, using crimpers, files, snips, handbrakes, and sheet metal hammers.
- 11) Reassembles and starts heating unit to test operation.
Is being a "FURNACE INSTALLER-AND-REPAIRER, HOT AIR" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "FURNACE INSTALLER-AND-REPAIRER, HOT AIR" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "FURNACE INSTALLER-AND-REPAIRER, HOT AIR"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "FURNACE INSTALLER-AND-REPAIRER, HOT AIR"
Job Number: 4354