Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Tests temperature of glass melting furnaces and regulates gas and air supply to maintain specified temperature, using any of following methods: Measures temperature of furnace sections, using optical pyrometer.
- 2) Sights through opening of pyrometer into furnace opening and turns sleeve dial on pyrometer until color of wire filament matches luminosity of flames.
- 3) Reads dial indicator to obtain millivolt reading and compares reading with temperature chart to determine if temperature is in accordance with specifications.
- 4) Turns valves to adjust gas-to-air ratio and increase or decrease temperature within refractory.
- 5) Computes and plots averages of glass temperatures on graph paper from temperature charts, using pencil and template to draw lines and circles.
- 6) Interprets graph to determine need for temperature adjustment.
- 7) Turns valve to increase or decrease air and gas supply into burners.
- 8) Tests gas-to-air ratio of burned atmosphere, using gas analyzer.
- 9) Inserts hose of gas analyzer into furnace and starts suction pump to withdraw sample of burned atmosphere.
- 10) Observes dial indicator on analyzer to determine if gas-to-air ratio is in accordance with specifications.
- 11) Turns valve to adjust gas-to-air ratio and control heat of furnace.
- 12) Records tests, temperatures, and adjustments in log.
Is being a "FURNACE-COMBUSTION ANALYST" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "FURNACE-COMBUSTION ANALYST" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "FURNACE-COMBUSTION ANALYST"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "FURNACE-COMBUSTION ANALYST"
Job Number: 4365