Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Performs any combination of following tasks to charge smelting furnaces with aluminum scrap and ingots, and other nonferrous metals, as well as ore, coke, flux, and other materials: Moves levers to open and close furnace doors and to pour specified materials into furnace.
- 2) Moves controls of charging machine to lift, insert, and dump materials into furnace, or shovels materials into furnace, using hood shovel.
- 3) Draws samples of molten metal from furnace for laboratory analysis.
- 4) Reviews laboratory report to determine that smelting is within specified standards, and computes types and amounts of materials to add to furnace to correct smelting, using calculator.
- 5) Rakes dross or flux from furnace, using skimming tool.
- 6) Maintains production records of materials charged into furnace.
- 7) May weigh out specified amounts of materials to be charged into furnace, using scale.
- 8) May operate industrial dump or lift truck to transport, hoist, and dump scrap or refined aluminum into charging machine or furnace.
- 9) May operate bucket loader to hoist, convey, and dump aluminum ore, coke, and flux into hopper of smelting furnace.
Is being a "FURNACE CHARGER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "FURNACE CHARGER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "FURNACE CHARGER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "FURNACE CHARGER"
Job Number: 4347