Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Tends equipment that cleans and dries metal cartridge parts: Loads parts into hopper by hand or using hoist.
- 2) Moves switches to start conveyor system and rotate open end tumbling barrels that remove oil, scale, and dirt from cartridge parts.
- 3) Turns steam and water valves and reads gauges to regulate temperature and level of cleaning solutions in tanks and to regulate temperature in drying drum.
- 4) Adds chemicals, such as acids and detergents, to maintain solutions at specified concentrations.
- 5) Examines parts at ejection chute to ensure parts are cleaned and dried according to specifications.
- 6) May operate electric tier-lift truck to position containers filled with parts on platform above feed hopper.
- 7) May tumble parts in metal-drawing solution prior to drying process.
Is being a "FURNACE-AND-WASH-EQUIPMENT OPERATOR" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "FURNACE-AND-WASH-EQUIPMENT OPERATOR" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "FURNACE-AND-WASH-EQUIPMENT OPERATOR"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "FURNACE-AND-WASH-EQUIPMENT OPERATOR"
Job Number: 4364