Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Cleans and dresses pelts, performing any combination of following tasks: Cuts pelts on belly side from neck to tail with knife to facilitate further handling.
- 2) Feeds pelts into cylinder of combing machine that untangles hair.
- 3) Loads, starts, stops, and unloads beating machine to remove loose hair and foreign matter from pelts.
- 4) Brushes grease onto skin side of pelts to restore oils removed in dyeing and tanning processes, or loads pelts and grease into revolving drum for specified time.
- 5) Loads pelts and sawdust into revolving drum to tumble pelts in sawdust to dry, clean, and soften them.
- 6) Stops drum after specified interval and transfers pelts to revolving cage to remove sawdust from pelts.
- 7) Pulls skin of pelt back and forth over edge of metal bar, or slips uncut pelt over tongue of spreading device to stretch, open pores, and soften skin of pelt.
- 8) Trims furs with scissors to even length of hairs.
- 9) May be designated according to specialized task performed or machine tended as Beating-Machine Operator; Comber; Cutter; Drummer; Fur Clipper; Fur Puller; Fur Stretcher; Greaser.
Is being a "FUR-FLOOR WORKER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "FUR-FLOOR WORKER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "FUR-FLOOR WORKER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "FUR-FLOOR WORKER"
Job Number: 4343