Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Tans and dresses pelts to improve luster and beauty or restore natural appearance of pelts: Prepares tanning and washing solutions according to formulas and places pelts in vats or revolving drums containing solution to clean, soften, and preserve pelts.
- 2) Removes long coarse hair from pelts and evens length of underlying fur, using beaming knife and shaving knife.
- 3) Removes particles of flesh and at from pelts and skins, using hand and powered knives determined by thickness and weight of pelt.
- 4) Examines skins to detect defects, such as spaces, improper scraping, and tears.
- 5) Records defect and sorts furs according to grade.
- 6) May oil and clip pelts.
Is being a "FUR DRESSER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "FUR DRESSER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "FUR DRESSER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "FUR DRESSER"
Job Number: 4332