Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Designs or redesigns custom and commercial fur garments: Analyzes fashion trends and predictions and confers with client or sales and management executives regarding design ideas.
- 2) Sketches design on paper to make or restyle garment, utilizing knowledge of various kinds of fur, techniques for handling fur, and fashion trends.
- 3) Obtains customer measurements, using tape measure.
- 4) Draws pattern on paper according to customer measurements and cuts out pattern.
- 5) Lays pattern on canvas and cuts out material, using scissors.
- 6) Sews together sections of canvas to form mockup of garment.
- 7) Fits mockup on customer and makes necessary alterations.
- 8) Directs workers engaged in cutting and sewing garment.
- 9) Examines completed garments for defects.
- 10) May estimate cost of restyling or of making new garment.
Is being a "FUR DESIGNER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "FUR DESIGNER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "FUR DESIGNER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "FUR DESIGNER"
Job Number: 4331