Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Selects and cuts pelts to make, alter, or repair garments or other fur articles: Selects required number of fur pelts and matches them for size, color, texture, and quality.
- 2) Arranges pelts on pattern according to design and color, placing finest pelts where they will show to best advantage and give garment symmetrical appearance.
- 3) Numbers pelts to indicate their pattern location.
- 4) Cuts off inferior or unusable parts, such as heads, necks, sides, rumps, and tails.
- 5) Slits skin of furs into diagonal strips, leaving uncut margin at edge, to obtain specified length and shape of pelt, using furrier's knife.
- 6) Cuts pelts to shape them to garment pattern.
Is being a "FUR CUTTER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "FUR CUTTER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "FUR CUTTER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "FUR CUTTER"
Job Number: 4330