Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Aligns wheels, axles, frames, torsion bars, and steering mechanisms of automotive vehicles, such as automobiles, buses, and trucks: Drives automotive vehicle onto wheel alignment rack and tests vehicle for faulty wheel alignment, bent axle, worn ball joints, and bent steering rods, using alignment-testing machine.
- 2) Straightens axle and steering rods and adjusts shims, tie rods, and joining pins to align wheels, or installs new parts, using handtools.
- 3) Places wheel on balancing machine to determine where counterweights must be added to balance wheel.
- 4) Hammers counterweights onto rim of wheel.
- 5) Installs shock absorbers.
- 6) Straightens frame, using hydraulic jack, chassis aligner, and acetylene torch.
Is being a "FRONT-END MECHANIC" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "FRONT-END MECHANIC" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "FRONT-END MECHANIC"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "FRONT-END MECHANIC"
Job Number: 4299