Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Supervises and coordinates activities of workers engaged in loading and unloading incoming and outgoing freight at railroad stations: Determines number of workers and equipment required to load or unload freight, using information obtained from waybills, other shipping records, and personal experience.
- 2) Examines each item of freight for size and weight to determine sequence of loading so that maximum amount of freight can be loaded into each car.
- 3) Gives instructions to MATERIAL HANDLER to load freight into cars.
- 4) Records description of each item of freight and number of car in which it is loaded.
- 5) Compares items of freight loaded or unloaded with listing on waybill or other shipping records to ensure that all freight is routed to specified destination.
- 6) Informs adjustment department of damaged freight.
- 7) May notify railway clerical employee to affix door seal when freight car has been loaded.
- 8) Performs other duties as described under SUPERVISOR Master Title.
Is being a "FREIGHT-LOADING SUPERVISOR" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "FREIGHT-LOADING SUPERVISOR" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "FREIGHT-LOADING SUPERVISOR"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "FREIGHT-LOADING SUPERVISOR"
Job Number: 4287