"FREIGHT-CAR CLEANER, DELTA SYSTEM"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Performs any combination of following duties to clean freight cars at Delta system: Pushes buttons on control panel to activate track switches, conveyors, vacuum cleaner, warning siren, and winch.
- 2) Hooks cable to string of cars and starts winch to move cars.
- 3) Removes grain doors and places them on conveyor to storage area.
- 4) Removes nails, cleats, crate bracings, and shipping paper from walls and floor, using clawhammer and crowbar.
- 5) Tosses debris onto incinerator conveyor.
- 6) Sweeps debris out car door into conveyor pit below track, using broom.
- 7) Pushes and pulls vacuum cleaner nozzle over floor to remove debris, such as wood chips, sawdust, grain, flour, and powdered chemicals.
- 8) Washes down ceiling and walls with water, using hose, to remove dust.
- 9) Pushes button to route cleaned cars to side tracks.
Is being a "FREIGHT-CAR CLEANER, DELTA SYSTEM" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "FREIGHT-CAR CLEANER, DELTA SYSTEM" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "FREIGHT-CAR CLEANER, DELTA SYSTEM"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "FREIGHT-CAR CLEANER, DELTA SYSTEM"
Job Number: 4286