Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Tends machine that freezes blood plasma preparatory to hydration or storage: Starts machine that circulates solution of dry ice and alcohol over rollers to chill them.
- 2) Moves blood plasma from walk-in freezer to freezing machine, using handtruck.
- 3) Places bottles of blood plasma onto rotating rollers submerged in cold alcohol in machine.
- 4) Taps revolving bottles with metal wand to accelerate and ensure uniform freezing of plasma, increasing speed of tapping on bottles when crystallization does not occur uniformly.
- 5) Places bottles of plasma that do not freeze uniformly into reject container and frozen plasma on trays for further processing.
- 6) Reads thermometer to ascertain that temperature of solution remains constant, according to specifications.
- 7) May place bottles on rack to drain off alcohol before packing.
- 8) May tend centrifuge machine that separates plasma from red corpuscles present in whole blood.
- 9) May tend fractionator machine that breaks down plasma into proteins by centrifugal action.
Is being a "FREEZING-MACHINE OPERATOR" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "FREEZING-MACHINE OPERATOR" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "FREEZING-MACHINE OPERATOR"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "FREEZING-MACHINE OPERATOR"
Job Number: 4284