Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Installs mirrors or pictures in wooden, plastic, or metal frames, performing any combination of following tasks: Assembles frames from precut material and glues, nails, screws, or staples material together, using clamps, handtools, and power tools.
- 2) Places glass, picture, or mirror into frame.
- 3) Inserts wooden strips between mirror and frame or covers mirror edge with stripping to secure mirror in position.
- 4) Positions backing, such as corrugated paper or cardboard, over back of picture or mirror.
- 5) Staples backing to frame or locates and marks points on backing where hangers are to be placed, using ruler and pencil.
- 6) Drills holes with portable electric drill and bolts or screws hangers to mirror backing.
- 7) Places mirror backing in frame and attaches backing to mirror frame, using clips, screws, staples, and handtools.
- 8) Bolts wings to frame to form border of shadowbox mirrors.
- 9) May mount picture on mat before framing.
- 10) May perform all operations of cutting, shaving, and drilling to prepare frame parts from stock molding according to customer or company specifications.
- 11) May pack mirrors or pictures for shipment.
Is being a "FRAMER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "FRAMER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "FRAMER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "FRAMER"
Job Number: 4278