Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Operates machines to frame timbers for utility poles and for structures, such as buildings, bridges, and piers: Lays out timber for cutting operation, according to blueprints, sketches, or work order, using square, ruler, and pencil.
- 2) Installs dado cutter or adzing knives.
- 3) Starts motor that adjusts cutter for depth and angle of cut.
- 4) Signals FRAME-TABLE-OPERATOR HELPER to spot timber on carriage under cutting tool.
- 5) Starts machine and advances cutter into wood by turning wheel.
- 6) Marks finished pieces with die-filled hammer or crayon.
- 7) Changes cutters, using handtools.
- 8) Makes repairs and lubricates machine.
- 9) Bores holes in timber, using drill press or portable drill.
- 10) May specialize in framing utility poles and be designated Pole Framer, Machine.
Is being a "FRAME-TABLE OPERATOR" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "FRAME-TABLE OPERATOR" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "FRAME-TABLE OPERATOR"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "FRAME-TABLE OPERATOR"
Job Number: 4279