"FOUR-SLIDE-MACHINE OPERATOR I"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Sets up and operates one or more slide-forming machines to automatically punch, cut, and form metal strips and wire by action of opposing rams to fabricate parts, such as spring washers, brackets, and clips, specified by sketches, blueprints, and setup charts: Selects cams, forming tools, and dies according to setup charts.
- 2) Aligns and bolts specified cams to shaft, slides to bed, and forming tools and dies to slides using knowledge of machine operations, product dimensions, vernier calipers, micrometers, and gauges.
- 3) Threads stock through stock straighteners and adjusts cams to synchronize action of slides that feed, cut off, and form part.
- 4) Turns flywheel by hand to produce sample part and compares sample with specifications, using fixed gauges, micrometer, and calipers.
- 5) Readjusts machine to achieve specified product dimensions.
- 6) Starts machine and observes operation periodically gauging parts for conformance to specifications.
- 7) Removes, replaces, and labels trays of finished parts when specified number have been produced.
- 8) May inspect parts for defects, using shadowgraph.
- 9) May weld ends of coils together, using butt-welding machine, to form continuous length of feed.
Is being a "FOUR-SLIDE-MACHINE OPERATOR I" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "FOUR-SLIDE-MACHINE OPERATOR I" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "FOUR-SLIDE-MACHINE OPERATOR I"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "FOUR-SLIDE-MACHINE OPERATOR I"
Job Number: 4257