Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Operates drilling unit, mounted on truck or crawler track, to drill holes for concrete pier and footing foundations: Raises and lowers boom to specified angle for drilling.
- 2) Swings boom, controls hoist drums, raises and lowers drill, hoists drill bit, bell reamer, casing, and reinforcement steel into position, and controls rotary table that drives drill into earth.
- 3) Observes drill stem during drilling operation and increases or decreases brake pressure on drill stem hoist drum to prevent swaying motion.
- 4) Raises drill stem and swings boom to discharge dirt from drill bit or bell reamer.
- 5) Observes type of earth formation penetrated to determine need for lowering casing into hole to seal off water and prevent cave-in of soft formations.
Is being a "FOUNDATION-DRILL OPERATOR" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "FOUNDATION-DRILL OPERATOR" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "FOUNDATION-DRILL OPERATOR"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "FOUNDATION-DRILL OPERATOR"
Job Number: 4247