"FORMING-ROLL OPERATOR I"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Sets up and operates rolling machine to straighten, knurl, or form contours in surfaces of metal cylinders and rings as specified by blueprints, templates, and work orders: Selects male and female rolling dies or rolling dies and forming chuck from data charts to form specified contour.
- 2) Positions, aligns, and bolts dies or die and forming chuck onto parallel spindles of machine.
- 3) Positions workpiece over inner dies or forming chuck.
- 4) Positions and clamps end guides or clamps workpiece to forming chuck.
- 5) Starts machine to activate inner drive roll or chuck.
- 6) Moves lever to press outer roll on workpiece to shape workpiece to specified contour.
- 7) Verifies contour, using rule or template.
- 8) May operate machine equipped with vertical table to tilt and force workpiece at angle to plane of opposing rolls to expand outer edge or form flanges to specified shape.
- 9) May operate machine equipped with multiple sets of opposing rolls which expand and shrink diameter of workpiece to form contours.
- 10) May move lever to position slitting knife to trim edge of workpiece.
- 11) May be designated according to type of rolling machine operated as Beading-Machine Operator I; Forming-Roll Operator, Heavy Duty.
Is being a "FORMING-ROLL OPERATOR I" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "FORMING-ROLL OPERATOR I" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "FORMING-ROLL OPERATOR I"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "FORMING-ROLL OPERATOR I"
Job Number: 4235