"FORMING-MACHINE UPKEEP MECHANIC"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Sets up, adjusts, and repairs automatic glass forming machines, such as press-and-blow, blow-and-blow, and spinning machines, used to form bottles, containers, and other glassware, utilizing knowledge of glass forming machinery: Reads work order to determine which molds, mold components, and machine parts are needed.
- 2) Removes molds, mold components, and feeder tubes from machines, using handtools.
- 3) Mounts blanking mold and final mold to hanger arms on machine, and installs gob feeder tube leading from forehearth to molds, using handtools.
- 4) Installs and aligns neck rings and press plunger to blanking mold to form neck and mouth of glassware, using handtools.
- 5) Couples air lines to molds and coolant lines to mold jacket to regulate solidification of glass.
- 6) Adjusts size of orifice which releases gob from forehearth, and shears cutting gob to control size of gob fed to mold, using handtools.
- 7) Adjusts trip buttons on timer drum to set gob feeding, blank molding, final molding, and discharge sequence.
- 8) Couples gas line to preheating burner under mold to maintain plasticity of glass during molding.
- 9) Turns controls that regulate air pressures, coolant flows, gas line pressure, and glass temperatures in forehearth to form acceptable products, using knowledge of machine operation and product specifications.
- 10) Performs test run and inspects glassware to verify setup.
- 11) Repairs damaged machines by replacing defective parts, such as cams, hanger arms, or forming components, using handtools.
- 12) Changes lehr drive gears to control annealing time of glassware in lehr.
- 13) May be assisted by FORMING-MACHINE OPERATOR in setting up machines.
- 14) May ascertain temperature of gob, using pyrometer.
Is being a "FORMING-MACHINE UPKEEP MECHANIC" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "FORMING-MACHINE UPKEEP MECHANIC" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "FORMING-MACHINE UPKEEP MECHANIC"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "FORMING-MACHINE UPKEEP MECHANIC"
Job Number: 4231