"FORGING-PRESS OPERATOR II"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Tends closed-die power press that produces metal forgings: Pulls workpiece from furnace, when color of workpiece indicates forging temperature, and positions it on lower die, using tongs.
- 2) Moves controls to lower ram that compresses metal to shape of die impressions.
- 3) May move workpiece through series of dies for progressively finer detail.
- 4) May tend press to emboss designs on metal or compress and smooth surface of metal blanks or rough forgings and be designated Coining-Press Operator.
- 5) May tend press that twists forging to form journals and counterweights on crankshafts to specified degree of eccentricity and be designated Twisting-Press Operator.
Is being a "FORGING-PRESS OPERATOR II" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "FORGING-PRESS OPERATOR II" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "FORGING-PRESS OPERATOR II"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "FORGING-PRESS OPERATOR II"
Job Number: 4217