"FORGING-PRESS OPERATOR I"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Sets up and operates closed-die power press to produce metal forgings, following work order specifications, using measuring instruments and handtools: Aligns and bolts specified dies on ram and anvil of press, using rule, square, shims, feelers, and handtools.
- 2) Turns knobs to set pressure and depth of ram stroke.
- 3) Pulls workpiece from furnace, when color of workpiece indicates forging temperature, and positions workpiece on lower die, using tongs.
- 4) Depresses treadle or pulls lever to lower ram that compresses metal to shape of die impressions.
- 5) May move workpiece through series of dies for progressively finer detail.
Is being a "FORGING-PRESS OPERATOR I" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "FORGING-PRESS OPERATOR I" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "FORGING-PRESS OPERATOR I"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "FORGING-PRESS OPERATOR I"
Job Number: 4216