Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Performs any combination of following tasks to assist workers in forging metal products: Loads bars, billets, or blooms into furnace, using hoist.
- 2) Transfers workpiece to and from work stations, such as furnace, hammer, and trim press, using tongs or hoist.
- 3) Removes scale from workpiece and dies, using broom or airhose.
- 4) Trims excess material from finished parts, using handsaw or bandsaw.
- 5) Marks material with specified information, using hammer and die.
- 6) Lifts dies to machine and bolts dies in place, using hoist and wrenches.
- 7) Loads racks, off bears conveyors, and cleans and lubricates machines.
- 8) May work as member of crew.
- 9) Loads radioactive uranium elements into furnace, using hoist.
- 10) May be designated according to worker assisted as Drop-Hammer-Operator Helper; Extruder-Operator Helper; Heater Helper, Forge; Upsetter Helper; or by work performed as Scale Shooter.
- 11) Performs other tasks as described under HELPER Master Title.
Is being a "FORGE HELPER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "FORGE HELPER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "FORGE HELPER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "FORGE HELPER"
Job Number: 4213