Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Manages and develops forest lands and resources for economic and recreational purposes: Plans and directs forestation and reforestation projects.
- 2) Maps forest areas, estimates standing timber and future growth, and manages timber sales.
- 3) Plans cutting programs to assure continuous production of timber or to assist timber companies achieve production goals.
- 4) Determines methods of cutting and removing timber with minimum waste and environmental damage and suggests methods of processing wood for various uses.
- 5) Directs suppression of forest fires and conducts fire-prevention programs.
- 6) Plans and directs construction and maintenance of recreation facilities, fire towers, trails, roads, and fire breaks.
- 7) Assists in planning and implementing projects for control of floods, soil erosion, tree diseases, and insect pests in forests.
- 8) May patrol forests, enforce laws, and fight forest fires.
- 9) May administer budgets.
- 10) May conduct research to improve knowledge of forest management.
- 11) May specialize in one aspect of forest management.
- 12) May be designated Forestry Supervisor; Woods Manager.
Is being a "FORESTER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "FORESTER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "FORESTER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "FORESTER"
Job Number: 4209