Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Compiles data pertaining to size, content, condition, and other characteristics of forest tracts, under direction of FORESTER ; and leads workers in forest propagation, fire prevention and suppression, and facilities maintenance: Traverses forest in designated pattern to gather basic forest data, such as topographical features, species and population of trees, wood units available for harvest, disease and insect damage, tree seedling mortality, and conditions constituting fire danger.
- 2) Marks trees of specified specie, condition, and size for thinning or logging.
- 3) Collects and records data from instruments, such as rain gauge, thermometer, stream-flow recorder, and soil moisture gauge.
- 4) Holds stadia rod, clears survey line, measures distances, records survey data, and performs related duties to assist in surveying property lines, timber sale boundaries, and road and recreation sites.
- 5) Trains and leads conservation workers in seasonal activities, such as planting tree seedlings, collecting seed cones, suppressing fires, cleaning and maintaining recreational facilities, and clearing fire breaks and access roads.
- 6) Gives instructions to visitors of forest, and enforces camping, vehicle use, fire building, sanitation, and other forest regulations.
Is being a "FORESTER AIDE" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "FORESTER AIDE" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "FORESTER AIDE"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "FORESTER AIDE"
Job Number: 4210