Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Assists foreign students in making academic, personal-social, and environmental adjustment to campus and community life: Evaluates students' qualifications in light of admission requirements and makes recommendations relative to admission.
- 2) Develops and maintains case histories, noting language, educational, social, religious, or physical problems affecting students' adjustments.
- 3) Provides informal counseling and orientation regarding recreational and religious outlets, study habits, and personal adjustments.
- 4) Interprets university regulations and requirements.
- 5) Assists students in complying with government regulations concerning status, immigration, visas, passports, permission to work, and related matters.
- 6) Represents students in cases involving conflict with regulations.
- 7) Cooperates with other personnel service bureaus to assist in adjustment of students.
- 8) Approves students' proposed budgets and requests release of funds from students' home governments to meet financial obligations.
- 9) Recommends students for scholarships, grants-in-aid, and waivers of tuition fees on basis of scholarship, character, and financial need.
- 10) Encourages and coordinates activities of groups which promote understanding of foreign cultures.
- 11) May assist in curriculum planning.
Is being a "FOREIGN-STUDENT ADVISER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "FOREIGN-STUDENT ADVISER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "FOREIGN-STUDENT ADVISER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "FOREIGN-STUDENT ADVISER"
Job Number: 4203