Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Computes duties, tariffs, and weight, volume, and price conversions of merchandise exported to or imported from foreign countries: Examines documents, such as invoices, bills of lading, and shipping statements, to verify conversion of merchandise weights or volumes into system used by other country.
- 2) Converts foreign currency figures into United States monetary equivalents, or domestic currency into foreign equivalents, using rate charts.
- 3) Calculates duties or tariffs to be paid on merchandise, using calculating machine.
- 4) May correspond with foreign companies.
- 5) May be designated according to type of transaction as Customs-Entry Clerk; Export Clerk; Import Clerk.
Is being a "FOREIGN CLERK" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "FOREIGN CLERK" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "FOREIGN CLERK"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "FOREIGN CLERK"
Job Number: 4201