Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Performs standardized qualitative and quantitative tests to determine physical or chemical properties of food or beverage products, or to ensure compliance with company or government quality standards: Conducts standardized tests of food, beverages, additives, and preservatives for flavor, color, texture, nutritional value, or other factors, using incubator, autoclave, ovens, balance scales, refractometer, or other equipment.
- 2) Tests flavoring and spices for moisture, oil content, coloring, and pungency, using spectrophotometer, stereomicroscope, and ovens.
- 3) Tests production samples of food for compliance with standards, using spectrometer, pH meter, distillation equipment, balance scales, and other equipment.
- 4) Refers to tables or computes such factors as moisture, salt content, sediment, or solubility.
- 5) Smells samples of food for odors or tastes for prescribed flavor.
- 6) Observes sample smear, sediment disk, or agar sample through microscope to identify bacterial or extraneous matter.
- 7) Compares test results with standards and records results.
- 8) Cleans laboratory equipment.
- 9) May mix ingredients to make reagents.
- 10) May operate calculating machine to compute percentages of ingredients in finished product.
- 11) May be identified according to quality or product tested.
Is being a "FOOD TESTER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "FOOD TESTER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "FOOD TESTER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "FOOD TESTER"
Job Number: 4190