Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Supervises employees engaged in serving food in hospital, nursing home, school, or similar institutions, and in maintaining cleanliness of food service areas and equipment: Trains workers in performance of duties.
- 2) Assigns and coordinates work of employees to promote efficiency of operations.
- 3) Supervises serving of meals.
- 4) Inspects kitchen and dining areas and kitchen utensils and equipment to ensure sanitary standards are met.
- 5) Keeps records, such as amount and cost of meals served and hours worked by employees.
- 6) Requisitions and inspects foodstuffs, supplies, and equipment to maintain stock levels and ensure standards of quality are met.
- 7) Prepares work schedules and evaluates work performance of employees.
- 8) May direct preparation of foods and beverages.
- 9) May assist DIETITIAN, CLINICAL in planning menus.
- 10) May interview, select, or hire new employees.
- 11) When supervising workers engaged in tray assembly, may be designated Tray-Line Supervisor.
Is being a "FOOD-SERVICE SUPERVISOR" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "FOOD-SERVICE SUPERVISOR" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "FOOD-SERVICE SUPERVISOR"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "FOOD-SERVICE SUPERVISOR"
Job Number: 4194