"FOOD ASSEMBLER, KITCHEN"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Prepares meal trays in commissary kitchen for inflight service of airlines, multiunit restaurant chains, industrial caterers, or educational, and similar institutions, performing any combination of following duties: Reads charts to determine amount and kind of foods and supplies to be packaged.
- 2) Fills individual serving cartons with portions of various foods and condiments, such as cream, jams, and sauces, by hand or using automatic filling machine.
- 3) Portions and garnishes hot cooked foods, such as meat and vegetables, into individual serving dishes.
- 4) Stores dishes of hot food on shelves of portable electric warming cabinet or food cart for stowing aboard airplane or transfer to restaurant or cafeteria dining unit.
- 5) Removes pans of portioned salads, desserts, rolls, cream, and other cold food items from refrigerator or pantry, and places at appropriate stations of tray assembly counter to facilitate loading meal trays.
- 6) Places food items, silverware, and dishes in depression of compartmented food tray passing on conveyor belt.
- 7) Examines filled tray for completeness and appearance, and stores completed trays in refrigerated storage cabinets to be transported to airplane, dining room, or cafeteria.
- 8) May be designated according to type of food assembled as Appetizer Packer; Casserole Preparer; Cold-Food Packer; Hot-Food Packer.
Is being a "FOOD ASSEMBLER, KITCHEN" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "FOOD ASSEMBLER, KITCHEN" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "FOOD ASSEMBLER, KITCHEN"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "FOOD ASSEMBLER, KITCHEN"
Job Number: 4185