"FOOD AND DRUG INSPECTOR"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Inspects establishment where foods, drugs, cosmetics, and similar consumer items are manufactured, handled, stored, or sold to enforce legal standards of sanitation, purity, and grading: Visits specified establishments to investigate sanitary conditions and health and hygiene habits of persons handling consumer products.
- 2) Collects samples of products for bacteriological and chemical laboratory analysis.
- 3) Informs individuals concerned of specific regulations affecting establishments.
- 4) Destroys subgrades, or prohibits sale of impure, toxic, damaged, or misbranded items.
- 5) Questions employees, vendors, consumers, and other principals to obtain evidence for prosecuting violators.
- 6) Ascertains that required licenses and permits have been obtained and are displayed.
- 7) Prepares reports on each establishment visited, including findings and recommendations for action.
- 8) May negotiate with marketers and processors to effect changes in facilities and practices, where undesirable conditions are discovered that are not specifically prohibited by law.
- 9) May grade products according to specified standards.
- 10) May test products, using variety of specialized test equipment, such as ultraviolet lights and filter guns.
- 11) May investigate compliance with or violation of public sanitation laws and regulations and be designated Sanitary Inspector.
Is being a "FOOD AND DRUG INSPECTOR" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "FOOD AND DRUG INSPECTOR" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "FOOD AND DRUG INSPECTOR"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "FOOD AND DRUG INSPECTOR"
Job Number: 4184