Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Sets up and operates mill equipment, such as flying shear, guides, and crop or entry gates, to cut steel products to specified lengths: Reads production schedule to determine setup or adjustment of equipment.
- 2) Installs knives in shear and guides on roll stands, using handtools and sledge.
- 3) Turns rheostats to adjust cutting action of shear according to specified length of product.
- 4) Starts shear and moves controls to raise and lower pinch rolls, adjusts guides, and opens and closes shear gates.
- 5) Assists other workers in roll changes and in removing cobbles from rolling line.
Is being a "FLYING-SHEAR OPERATOR" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "FLYING-SHEAR OPERATOR" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "FLYING-SHEAR OPERATOR"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "FLYING-SHEAR OPERATOR"
Job Number: 4155