Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Makes artificial fish flies and lures, using feathers, fur, thread, and fishhooks, according to prototype design: Clamps fishhook in vise and wraps thread around shank or hook.
- 2) Pulls feathers or fur of specified color or type from quill or pelt, positions on hook, and wraps in place with thread.
- 3) Repeats operation to simulate wings, legs, and tail of insect.
- 4) Wraps thread or colored wire around shank of hook in continuous spirals to form body of insect.
- 5) Ties and cuts off thread.
- 6) May brush dope on windings to waterproof and hold them in place.
Is being a "FLY TIER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "FLY TIER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "FLY TIER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "FLY TIER"
Job Number: 4152