Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Mixes flux for graphite tubes and replaces tubes and chemical supply tanks on aluminum remelt furnaces: Mixes silicon aluminum paint solution and dips ends of new graphite tubes into solution to coat them.
- 2) Transports tubes and tanks of chlorine and nitrogen to furnaces, using handtruck.
- 3) Turns valves to shut off flow of chlorine and removes tubes from furnace, using handtools.
- 4) Discards broken tubes and installs new ones.
- 5) Cleans usable tubes, using wire brush, and installs them to specified depth.
- 6) Installs replacement tanks of chlorine and nitrogen on furnace, using handtools, and adjusts valves until tank pressure and flowmeters reach specifications.
- 7) Records amounts of chemicals and tubes used for each furnace.
- 8) Tours furnace area to verify readings of pressure and flowmeter gauges and makes required adjustments.
Is being a "FLUX-TUBE ATTENDANT" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "FLUX-TUBE ATTENDANT" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "FLUX-TUBE ATTENDANT"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "FLUX-TUBE ATTENDANT"
Job Number: 4151