Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Operates fluoroscope to inspect metal castings for hidden defects, such as excessive porosity and subsurface cracks: Aligns castings on table, lowers fluorescent screen over castings, and starts machine.
- 2) Turns dials to adjust fluorescent penetration depth according to density of metal.
- 3) Examines reflections of castings on illuminated lid to locate defects.
- 4) Realigns castings for cross-sectional views, adjusting dials to new focus points.
- 5) Rejects castings not conforming to plant specifications, and places castings aside for salvaging.
- 6) Notifies superior of findings.
- 7) Records number of castings inspected and rejected, using automatic counter.
- 8) Submits minometer pencil worn on person to supervisory personnel for reading to ascertain amount of stray radiation escaping from fluoroscope.
- 9) May inspect casting for defects, using magnetic testing machine.
Is being a "FLUOROSCOPE OPERATOR" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "FLUOROSCOPE OPERATOR" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "FLUOROSCOPE OPERATOR"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "FLUOROSCOPE OPERATOR"
Job Number: 4148