Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Applies blocks, strips, or sheets of shock-absorbing, sound-deadening, or decorative covering to floors, walls, and cabinets: Disconnects and removes obstacles, such as appliances and light fixtures.
- 2) Sweeps, scrapes, sands, or chips dirt and irregularities from base surfaces, and fills cracks with putty, plaster, or cement grout to form smooth, clean foundation.
- 3) Measures and cuts covering materials, such as rubber, linoleum or cork tile, and foundation material, such as felt, according to blueprints and sketches, using rule, straightedge, linoleum knife, and snips.
- 4) Spreads adhesive cement over floor to cement foundation material to floor for sound-deadening, and to prevent covering from wearing at board joints.
- 5) Lays out centerlines, guidelines, and borderlines on foundation with chalkline and dividers.
- 6) Spreads cement on foundation material with serrated trowel.
- 7) Lays covering on cement, following guidelines, to keep tile courses straight and butts edges of blocks to match patterns and execute designs.
- 8) Joins sections of sheet covering by overlapping adjoining edges and cutting through both layers with knife to form tight joint.
- 9) Rolls finished floor to smooth it and press cement into base and covering.
- 10) May soften area of floor covering with butane torch to fit materials around irregular surfaces.
- 12) May be designated according to type of floor laid as Asphalt-Tile-Floor Layer; Cork-Tile-Floor Layer; Linoleum-Floor Layer; Linoleum Layer; Linoleum-Tile-Floor Layer; Rubber-Tile-Floor Layer.
Is being a "FLOOR LAYER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "FLOOR LAYER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "FLOOR LAYER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "FLOOR LAYER"
Job Number: 4122