Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Tends equipment that dries felt strips, assisted by another worker: Removes work ticket from rolls of felt and records on ticket drying time and temperature required to dry felt.
- 2) Places felt rolls on holding fixture of drying chamber, and turns handcrank to adjust carrier rack of chamber to width of felt.
- 3) Unrolls felt and attaches edges of entire roll to spikes on both sides of carrier rack, using wooden hammer.
- 4) Pushes carrier rack with felt into drying chamber, closes chamber door, and turns valves to obtain specified steam pressure and temperature.
- 5) Presses button to start fan to circulate heat evenly in chamber, and turns dial of timer to set length of drying cycle, according to thickness of felt.
- 6) Observes gauges to maintain specified chamber temperature and steam pressure.
- 7) Closes steam valve and opens chamber door to cool drying chamber.
- 8) Feels felt to ascertain dryness.
- 9) Rerolls felt for further processing.
Is being a "FLAT DRIER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "FLAT DRIER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "FLAT DRIER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "FLAT DRIER"
Job Number: 4097