Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Operates machines to replace worn clothing on carding machine flats and to align, grind, and burnish flats: Strips worn clothing from flats, using handtools, and rubs flats with sandpaper to remove rust.
- 2) Places stripped flat in jig and moves level gauge across length of flat to detect flats that are out of alignment.
- 3) Straightens bent flats, using lever or hammer.
- 4) Places flats in milling machine to shape ends of flats to correspond with bends on which flats slide on carding machine.
- 5) Places flats in jig of rolling press, positions clothing assembly over flats, and starts rolling press that moves over length of flat, shaping and clamping clothing clip to flat.
- 6) Places clothed flats in bed of grinding machine, lowers grinding head over flats, and starts machine that grinds wire points to uniform length.
- 7) Removes ground flats from machine after specified length of time, places flats in bed of burnishing machine, and starts burnishing wheel that removes burrs caused by grinding.
- 8) Dusts rust preventative on reclothed flats, assembles flats in sets, and packs sets in crates.
- 9) Wraps and seals crates in plastic material and attaches shipping label to crate.
Is being a "FLAT CLOTHIER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "FLAT CLOTHIER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "FLAT CLOTHIER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "FLAT CLOTHIER"
Job Number: 4096