Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Controls flash-drier furnace and auxiliary equipment to remove water from activated carbon slurry, for use in industrial and consumer applications: Tests specific gravity of carbon slurry in agitator tank, using hydrometer, and draws sample for acidity testing by WASH OPERATOR.
- 2) Admits water and dumps prescribed amount of caustic into slurry tank to bring density and acidity readings to prescribed standard.
- 3) Turns valve to heat slurry to specified temperature and starts pumps to transfer slurry to vacuum drum filter.
- 4) Adjusts gate leading to paddle mixer to regulate flow of slurry to furnace.
- 5) Sets automatic controls to maintain furnace temperature at plant standard.
- 6) Moves switches and turns valves to regulate furnace blowers and cyclone filters that control flow and discharge dried carbon.
- 7) Directs activities of workers engaged in tending filter and carbon-bagging machines.
- 8) Weighs carbon samples taken from furnace discharge spouts and computes percentage of moisture removed, using standard formula.
- 9) Keeps log of gauge readings and test results.
- 10) Verifies setup of scraper blade on filter drum for efficient operation.
- 11) May turn fuel valves to regulate furnace conditions in manually controlled units, according to specifications.
Is being a "FLASH-DRIER OPERATOR" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "FLASH-DRIER OPERATOR" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "FLASH-DRIER OPERATOR"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "FLASH-DRIER OPERATOR"
Job Number: 4094