Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Sets up flame-hardening machines for FLAME-HARDENING-MACHINE OPERATORS according to metallurgical work order specifications, utilizing knowledge of heat-treating methods and metal properties: Positions fixture for holding workpiece and fastens fixture to machine, using wrenches.
- 2) Mounts workpiece in fixture, on arbor, or between centers of machine.
- 3) Estimates flame temperature and heating time cycle based on degree of hardness required and metal to be treated.
- 4) Moves controls to light burners and adjust flame of oxyacetylene, propane, or other gas to prescribed temperature, judging temperature by flame color.
- 5) Starts automatic feeding or rotating mechanism that moves part through hardening flame.
- 6) Tests hardness of sample part.
- 7) Adjusts automatic feeding or rotating mechanism and flame temperature until sample parts meet specifications.
Is being a "FLAME-HARDENING-MACHINE SETTER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "FLAME-HARDENING-MACHINE SETTER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "FLAME-HARDENING-MACHINE SETTER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "FLAME-HARDENING-MACHINE SETTER"
Job Number: 4086