Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Sets up battery of machines that anneal sidewalls of metal cartridge and shell cases preparatory to further processing: Lights gas burners and turns valves to regulate flow of gas and coolant water.
- 2) Starts conveyors and dial feeder plates, and turns setscrews in burner nozzles to direct flames which anneal specific area of cartridge case.
- 3) Replaces worn dial-feed, burner and conveyor parts, using handtools.
- 4) Instructs new workers in machine operation.
- 5) Observes color and area of dullness of annealed cases to determine flame temperature and coverage of cases.
- 6) Crushes random samples between fingers to determine degree of annealing attained.
- 7) May test cases for hardness and examine cases to determine grain size of metal, using microscope.
Is being a "FLAME-ANNEALING-MACHINE SETTER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "FLAME-ANNEALING-MACHINE SETTER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "FLAME-ANNEALING-MACHINE SETTER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "FLAME-ANNEALING-MACHINE SETTER"
Job Number: 4084